A. Personal DetailsSmart Support Guys stores user's contact information such as First and Last name, E-mail address, Postal address, etc. and will use your contact details to contact you regarding the product and/or services you have requested. This consists of renewal/re-registration notifications, special offers, and surveys on improving our service. We do use third party contractors to collect this information and they will process your personal data.
B. Payment DetailsSmart Support Guys uses third parties like "RBS WorldPay" to process and verify credit cards for billing purposes and we will use sufficient safeguards in order to keep the details you provide to us safe.
This clause 4 shall not limit or affect Smart Support Guys liability resulting from any products sold through the Website being found to be unsafe or if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
C. Computer System Information
i. Computer System Information
We may also seek information related to your computer. This may include: information about the make and model of your computer and/or any computer hardware, software or peripherals attached to it, date of purchase and type of computer, identification number of your computer, condition of the computer and the application if reporting a fault occurrence and during diagnostics, system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations, and error tracking files. Generally, this information is required to offer personalised technical support to you, and to help us update our support tools and augment our supported products list.
ii. Remote Access
While requesting support you may request for the problem to be resolved by taking control of your computer. Smart Support Guys uses qualified utilities which allow user to grant control of user computer to an Expert remotely over the Internet, so that the Expert can diagnose or correct problems. Experts are not allowed to use the Remote Access software until and unless they have received adequate training in its use, and user have consented to grant control. Furthermore, Experts will not use Remote Access tools to collect sensitive or confidential information stored on user computer or network, deliberately destroy information on user computer or network, or cause user to experience system problems.
iii. Diagnostic Tool
Some Smart Support Guys online diagnoses applications may gather a broad variety of functional information about the state of a computer system and the applications on it. This information is packaged into a document containing all the essential details needed by Smart Support Guys and is transmitted securely over the Internet to the Smart Support Guys server. Smart Support Guys analyzes this information to help diagnose and solve end-user problems. Information collected by the Smart Support Guys application will not contain any sensitive information such as e-mail messages, e-mail addresses sent to, passwords, profiles, websites visited, etc.
You can block or erase cookies from your computer if you want to (your browser help screen or manual should tell you how to do this).
4. LIVE HELP SESSION RECORDSSmart Support Guys reserves the right to monitor on-line and off-line sessions between user and a Tech Support Executive for quality control of the service provided to the customer by Tech Support Executive. Moreover, we may record on-line and off-line sessions conducted on the Website for user reference and to assist in resolution of disputes and/or potential complaints. The session records will also be used to improve the service, build a support knowledge base, and/or conduct internal market research.
5. LOG FILESWe use IP addresses to analyze trends, track user movement, administer the site, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
6. SHARINGWe will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers.
7. CONTESTS & SURVEYSFrom time-to-time our Website requests information from user via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is entirely voluntary and user therefore, has a choice whether or not to divulge this information. Information requested may include contact information such as name and shipping address, and demographic information such as zip code. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
8. SECURITY ISSUESOur Website uses all precautions to protect information of users. This Website takes every precaution to protect information of users. Whenever sensitive information is submitted by the user via the website, it is protected both on-line and off-line. Sensitive information such as credit card number is encrypted and is protected with the best of the encryption software. We use industry-standard 128bit encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. Similarly equivalent care is undertaken to protect user-information off-line. The entire information of our users, including the sensitive information outlined above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees like billing clerk or a customer service representative who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. Even they use password-protected screen-savers each time they leave their workstations. On return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept abreast on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter and any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to make sure our customers' information is protected. Lastly, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a highly secure environment.
9. AUXILLARY INFORMATIONIn order for this Web site to properly accomplish its obligation to our customers, it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from Third party sources.
10. AUXILLARY INFORMATIONWe send all new members a welcoming e-mail to verify password and logon name. Older members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and newsletters.
11. CORRECTION/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATIONIf user's personally identifiable information changes (such as user zip code), or if user no longer desire the Service, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove user personal data provided to us.